Total hours: 50 Workload: 4 hours per week
Pedagogy: Lecturers, Assignment, Cases etc.
Objective: To get the students acquainted with knowledge of financial position and cost relating to business for decision making
Module – I
Inventory Valuation:- Meaning, reasons for holding inventory, inventory management, valuation of inventory, factors affecting valuation of inventory, accounting standards relating to stock valuation.
Module – II
Company accounts: - Amalgamation & Reconstruction, Accounting for amalgamation according accounting standard 14. Meaning of amalgamation in the nature of merger and purchase. (Problems). Steps in accounting for amalgamation. Meaning and methods of purchase consideration.
Reconstruction :- Internal and External reconstruction, Meaning and problems.
Module – III
Consignment Accounts:- Meaning of consignment accounts, Consignor, & Consignee. Entries in the book of consignor & Consignee. Valuation of stock, Normal and abnormal loss. Consigning goods at value higher then cost.
Module – IV
Joint Venture:- Meaning, Characteristics, difference between joint venture and consignment, Joint venture and Partnership. Methods of recording joint venture transaction. Interest.
Module – V
Hire Purchase transaction and decision, calculation of interest, entries in the book of higher vendor and purchases, hire purchase, trading account, installment system entries.
- Financial Management by Khan & Jain
- Cost Accounting by Jain & Narang, Kalyani publication
- Cost Accounting by Nigam & Sharma, Himalaya publication house, New Delhi
- Cost Accounting by Pathan Shetty and Palekar, S.Chand and Company, Delhi
- Practical costing by M.N.Arora, S.Chand and Company, Delhi
- Financial Accounting by Dr. S N Maheshwari & Dr. S K Maheshwari.