Total hours: 62 Workload: 4 hours per week
Pedagogy: Lecturers, Assignment, Cases etc.
Objective: To interpret managerial information for human resource.
Module – I
Human Resource Management meaning and definition, significance of Human Resource Management, objectives of Human Resource Management, Human Resource Management v/s Personnel management, Human Resource Management v/s Human Resource Development functions of Human Resource Management (Managerial and Operational Functions), Role of Human Resource Management.
Module – II
Job analysis: Meaning of analysis, methods of job analysis, process of job analysis,
Job design: Meaning and definition
Job description: Meaning and definition, contents of job description Job Evaluation & Job specification: Meaning.
Employees specification: Meaning and need.
Job classification: Meaning and need and introduction.
Job enlargement: Meaning and need.
Job enrichment: Meaning and need.
Job rotation: Meaning and need.
Module – III
Recruitment and selection
- Meaning, introduction, objectives of recruitment.
- Internal and external sources of recruitment with merits and demerits.
- Factors affecting recruitment.
- Process of recruitment and selection.
- Techniques of recruitment, traditional and modern techniques.
- Factors affecting selection process.
- Interviews: Types of interviews, limitations of interview.
- Tests: Types of tests and their limitations.
- Recent trend in selection.
Module – IV
Placement and Induction:
Placement: Meaning and process.
Induction: Meaning and need of induction.
Module – V
Training and development, meaning, need and methods of training and development.
Module – VI
Performance appraisal, introduction, meaning, need for performance appraisal, methods of performance appraisal (introductory part), limitations of performance appraisal.
(8 hrs) Module – VII
¾ Factors affecting wage and salary administration ¾ Principles of sound wage and salary system.
¾ Contents of wage and salary.
Incentives: Meaning and types.
Fring benefits: Meaning and types.
- Human Resource Management – C.B. Gupta
- Human Resource Management: John Bratton & Jefferey Gold.
- Essentials of Human Resource Management : P. Subbarao (Himalaya
- Case study of Human Resource Development: H. Kaushal
- Human Resource Management: Aswathappa
- Human Resource Management- Pattanayak