Total hours: 50 Workload: 4 hours per week
Pedagogy: Lecturers, Assignments, Cases etc.
- To familiarize the students with basic concepts of macro economics.
- To use the macro economic tools in decision making process.
Module – I
Macro Economics: Meaning, Concepts, Importance and Limitations, Features of Indian Economy.
Module – II
Nature and scope of business environment
- Business: Meaning, objectives and characteristics.
- Business Environment: Meaning, types – Social, Economic, Political and Legal, Natural, Technological.
Module – III
National Income: Meaning Concepts, Composition and Growth per capita income.
Module – IV
Indicators of economic growth, Physical Quality Life Index (PQLI), Human Development Index (HDI), Standard of Life Index (SOLI), Meaning and their importance.
Module – V
Macro Economic Policies: SSI policy of 1991, RBI and its Functions, Monetary and Credit Policy of RBI, Fiscal Policy and Budget of Central Government.
Module – VI
WTO: Meaning, Origin, Structure & functions, its implication for India, Conflicting interest of developing and developed countries.
- Economic Environment of Business by - Mishra and Puri.
- Indian Economy by - KPM Sundaram.
- Essentials of Indian Business Environment by - K. Ashwathappa.
- Managerial Economics- Nadar & Vijayan
- Managerial Economics – Maheshwari.