Total hours: 50 Workload: 4 hours per week
Pedagogy: Lecturers, Assignment, Cases, Fieldwork etc.
Objective: To provide inputs in principles and core concepts of marketing management and application.
Module – I
Understanding the Role of Marketing in organization and society.
- The core concepts of marketing:- Needs, wants, and demand products, utility, value, satisfaction, Exchange, transactions and relationship, market, marketing, marketer.
- Company orientations towards market production concept, product concept, selling concept, marketing concept, social marketing concept.
- Need of marketing in Business sector Non profit sector and Government sector.
- Marketing environment, controllable, uncontrollable elements.
(5 hrs) Module – II
Identifying market segments selecting, Target market and developing market positions, basis for market segmentation for consumer and industrial market and requirement of effective segments.
Module – III
Product life cycle concept, Marketing strategies for different stages of the product life cycle.(4 hrs) Module – IV
Managing products, Product lines Brand. Core Product Tangible and augmented product, product hierarchy, product classification, product mix decisions. Product line decisions. Product line analysis, product line length.
Individual product decisions : product attribute decisions, Branding and Brand decisions, packing and labeling decision.
Module – V
Pricing: Setting the price, pricing process, pricing methods.
Adapting price: Geographical pricing, price discounts and allowances, promotional pricing, discriminatory pricing, product mix pricing.
Module – VI
- The Importance of marketing channels
- Channel design decisions
- Channel management decisions
- Channel Conflict: Types, Causes, & Managing the conflict.
Module – VII
Advertisement:- Meaning, Objectives, & types of Media.
Sales Promotion:- Meaning, Objectives, & Tools.
Public relation:- Meaning, & Tools.
Personal selling:- process.
(7 hrs) Module – XIII
Scope and nature of direct marketing Different methods of direct marketing online marketing Forms, Limitations advantages
- Principles of Marketing – by Kotler and Armstrong PHI
- Marketing Management- by Kotler PHI
- Marketing Management by V.S Ramaswamy and S. Namakuari
- Principles of marketing management by J.P.Gupta and Joyti Rana published by R. Chand & Co. New Delhi.
- Principles of Marketing by Kotler & Armstrong PHI
- Marketing Management by Kotler PHI
- Principles of Marketing by J.P. Gupta & Jyothi Rana R Chand & Company published